Naoki Interview, Gamescom 09

Freie Unterhaltung zum Thema Tanzspiele, Klatsch und Tratsch

Moderator: Moderatoren

Antworten
rb3
Turnier-Champion ITG 2007

Naoki Interview, Gamescom 09

Beitrag von rb3 »

da die videoaufnahmen durch zu viel hintergrundgeraeusche nahezu unbrauchbar gemacht wurden, haben alzarus und ich das ganze erstmal abgetippt.
das volle aufgenommene interview wird noch folgen, sobald ich den text zum mitlesen als untertitel dem video hinzugefuegt habe.

M: Naoki Meada
1: Sebastian Sonntag (interviews wurden immer mit zwei "reportern" gemacht)
2: ich
1: I was wondering since Konami were the first guys who did all the music games, and now there are firms like Harmonix with Guitar Hero. What do you think about them taking the fame away from you?

M: As we are the pioneers of the music games we will be developing the games that surpass Guitar Hero and similar games.

2: Have you already played one of those games which are not from Konami’s series but are music games? For example Guitar Hero or other dance games like Pump It Up by Andamiro or In The Groove by Roxorgames, what do you think about those games?

M: Yes, we have played those games and we think they are great and we do respect them. But as we were the pioneers in this game genre, we would like to keep the original standards for all rhythm games.

1: I’ve played Pop’n Rhythm here at Konami’s booth and I wonder if it seems to be very famous in Japan. Why did it take so long to bring it to Europe? Because it is the first time as we can see the Pop’n Rhythm here.

P: Pop’n Music originally started like 10 years ago in Japan. But those characters in the background seemed to be only really famous in Japan at that time. But now as the Japanese animation and manga-comics became popular worldwide, we’ve decided it would be the perfect time to release this game outside Japan in Europe and USA.

2: After the upcomming release of Pop’n Rhythm, can we also expect other games which are also famous in Japan especially in arcades like beatmania IIDX? Can we also expect them here in Europe or other countries outside Japan?

M: Just arcades?

2: Arcades and Homeversions, just all diferent kind of platforms.

M: We are thinking of releasing the game in Europe but there is Dj Hero and other famous music games which already splet out in the World. We can’t just release the title as it is right now in Japan. We just need to create new packages and make new content fitable for the world before releasing the title.

1: I get some questions for Maeda-san personal.

M: All right 

1: I have read you’ve started playing the Piano in age 4. How did you get into a music industry and how did you get to the game industry?

M: So do you want to listen to my history?

1: Yes.

M: As you know I’ve started playing piano since I was 4 years old. Then I’ve got into the university and studied music. After graduating I’ve tried to make some J-Pop, this is the pop music in Japan. But after the introduction by a friend I joined Konami. Then after 2 or 3 years I’ve joined to the development team of DDR And I’ve used to creating sounds and I’ve created about 250 songs for the DDR-series. And from this year I’m not only the main composer of the game, but also the producer of the whole game.

1: So you wrote more than 250 songs and I know that you are working under various names but not with your own name. How did that get to that and why are you working with these names?

M: I used to create the DDR-music mostly by myself. And I created songs with different persons not only by myself. That’s why I’ve used many names. And now I’m already confused about that.

2: About your job. Do you like your position as a main developer of the game?

M: Well, I started to be a producer from this year and I used to be a music producer before that time. But as there are many rhythm games that are famous around the world like Guitar Hero and Rock Band and as I was originally the musician and made music I think it is the perfect place for me to fit in the company to create the games that have that rhythm aspect.
And I cant tell any details about that but currently I work on a new game.

1: Ok, that was my next question. Thanks.

I’m very interested in today’s system of the music production created mostly in a digital way. What technique do you use? Do you still use real instruments or more relay on software? And if you relay on software what kind of do you use?

M: I can play the guitar and I can play the bass. So I just play and record them. But for the techno music I play the keyboard by myself and create those songs.

2: A general question about music. Do you have any favorite band or an artist that do you like a lot and do also have a favorite genre?

M: Yes, I like music. I like all genres. But specifically I like techno music most. And a specific artists… I like Lost ???. Currently in Japan the genre called deep house is really famous.

2: What song made by yourself are you most proud of?

M: All Songs! All Songs! 
I basically like all songs I’ve created. But can I ask you a question? I would like to know which songs of mine you like.

1: Oh… I like quite a lot of them as well.^^”
2: Yes, it’s very hard to remember all of them in a very second.

M: Thank you very much!

2: What is your favorite Bemani-game? Do you also play it? And how often do you play? And what level are you on?

M: Oh! All! Dance Dance Revolution, beatmania IIDX, Pop’n Music, Guitar Freaks, Drummania – All, all of them! I like all of them. :D

2: Is there one game you are best in?

M: I’m not a player anymore.

1: Is there any chance that we will see any games by you here next time? For example for Nintendo DS?

M: We will see it in the future.

1: I’ll be looking forward to.

M: Thank you.

2: Can you also give us some information in general about upcoming games and features? Especially we are awaiting from Konami that their games have the ability for additional download content, which already have many other games. So we would expect it also from Konami, for example in Dance Dance Revolution.

M: For the PlayStation 3 DDR version which is planned for the next year, we will have about 150 downloadable songs. And we are planning to have this download system in other games like in Pop’n Rhythm as well.

2: In general about music games and bemani games. Are you going to stay focused on just the home releases, for example for PS3 or Wii? Or are you also going for arcade versions again? And also are you going to boost everything a little more because now its just a pretty weak market and many people would be really looking forward if this market would not die out.

M: We are slightly planning for it, but do you think there would be many arcades in Germany? And also do you think if we release arcade titles in Germany would it be a hit?

2: It would be in general like in Europe and also North America, so not just in Japan. Everyone outside Japan would like to have those games, too.

M: We are actually planning that.
kurz ueberarbeitet, reichtschreib-/sprachfehler nicht ausgeschlossen.
flotaku
die harte sau
Beitrag von flotaku »

erster!

wollt ich schon immer mal machen...

nicht!

aber feines interview, muss man schon sagen.

mir fehlt aber eine frage: "wieso sehen sie aus wie ne alte dürre oma?"
Jetzt nicht mehr.
schleiereule
Elite-Member

Beitrag von schleiereule »

Prima, Rubbel, dass du dir die Mühe gemacht und das Interview abgetippt hast!
flotaku hat geschrieben:mir fehlt aber eine frage: "wieso sehen sie aus wie ne alte dürre oma?"
Hmm, richtig, aber wohl eher Opa. ;-) Aber er wirkt nicht unsympathisch und ist scheinbar auch witzig, was ich bisher gesehen habe.
Perfect007
Resident
Re: Naoki Interview, Gamescom 09

Beitrag von Perfect007 »

Sehr schönes Interview. Man merkt, dass sich Naoki und Co. über die Fragen auch gefreut und gerne geplaudert haben. Und wir erfahren hier und dort einfach einige Dinge und Hintergrundwissen.

Tja, und ihr habt das gemacht, was ich nach meinem hinterher dachte "Scheiße, ich hätte ihn über seine private Musikkarriere noch fragen müssen".
Rubbinnexx hat geschrieben:da die videoaufnahmen durch zu viel hintergrundgeraeusche nahezu unbrauchbar gemacht wurden, haben alzarus und ich das ganze erstmal abgetippt.
Das kenne ich irgendwoher. Darum habe ich das Video von mir auch "weggeworfen".
Auch zu finden unter www.gamezone.de
Meine Guitar Hero III Statistik: [url=http://www.guitarhero.com/accounts/249901]PerfectOO7 @ GH3[/url]
Vojeet
Resident

Beitrag von Vojeet »

Ja, es waren zum Glück nicht nur Standardfragen. Auf jedenfall sehr interessant.
rb3

Beitrag von rb3 »

vospi hat den ton nachbearbeitet und somit einiges an hintergrundgeraeuschen gefiltert. jetzt ist der ton schon um einiges besser als am anfang. vielen dank an vospi :D
rb3

Beitrag von rb3 »

Vojeet
Resident

Beitrag von Vojeet »

Stand es schon bei den News?
Antworten

Zurück zu „Sabbelecke“