arcades in Berlin?

Erfahrungen und Neuigkeiten rund um Machine Dance in Spielhallen

Moderator: Moderatoren

Antworten
boocay

arcades in Berlin?

Beitrag von boocay »

Please forgive me for posting in English, but as far as I can see, <mode starwars>you're my only hope</> :)

Just a short question: is there a DDR in or near Berlin? I've searched for it for a while, and haven't found any. As much as my (very little) knowledge of German let me, there's a problem with machines in Germany?

Furthermore, are there any general arcade centres in Berlin? So far I've only found places with blackjacks and such, no videogames.

Help? :)
SLAINE
Elite-Member
Beitrag von SLAINE »

sry, we (this comunity) only knows two arcade locations.
these are "köln" and "nürnberg".
[img]http://ssm-clan.de/data/pics/1658_SSM.gif[/img]
boocay

Beitrag von boocay »

SLAINE hat geschrieben:sry, we (this comunity) only knows two arcade locations
Too bad :|
It is 4h by train, maybe a little trip? We'll see.
What about video games in general? Any sites in Berlin? (Maybe some other Konami music sims?)
Grimmi Meloni
Admin
Beitrag von Grimmi Meloni »

The problem about arcades is - there aren´t any "pure" arcades in Germany at all. At least none I know of. Namco tried once in "Oberhausen" but seems like they failed, because the "Namco Center" there has already been closed down for quite a while now.

Major problem is the bad reputation of these arcade/gambling hall mixture we have here. Sometimes it is because they are dark/smokey. Then there is the prejudice that the people who go there are addicted to gambling. Then because of jurisdiction, you are not allowed to enter any of those arcade/gambling mixtures before the age of 18. So the arcade part of those facilities does also lack the target audience of Videogames.

So in the end, it´s quite hard to find any arcade machines at all. My best bet is to go and look out for "Merkur Spielothek" - check http://www.gauselmann.de to get a feeling for what there sign looks like. The larger ones do usually have a good selection of current arcade machine, but they definetly do NOT offer DDR.

You can probably forget about all the rest, e.g. No-Name "Spielstube". :wink:

P.S.: Welcome abord! ;-)
boocay

Beitrag von boocay »

Grimmi Meloni hat geschrieben:The problem about arcades is - there aren´t any "pure" arcades in Germany at all
Simply unbeliveable. I guess that nobody has yet discovered that one can earn a lot with a DDR machine? :P
Grimmi Meloni hat geschrieben:So in the end, it´s quite hard to find any arcade machines at all. My best bet is to go and look out for "Merkur Spielothek"
Thanks for the tip, I'll be searching. I've arrived in Berlin 3 days ago, and I'm not quite used to this city yet.

Two more things:
1/ There'll be 4 DDR machines in Poland soon (according to importer's speechman it is being transported from .jp). One will be located in Wroclaw (Breslau), which is quite near - maybe you'll be interested? If so, you can contact me once I'm back in Poland (mailto: yacoob(at)chruptak(dot)plukwa(dot)net) and we can set up some event :D

2/ Maybe someone from Berlin is willing to organize a trip to any of Germany arcades? 8)

Thanks a lot for the info,

KT.
NeMo
Resident
Beitrag von NeMo »

There'll be 4 DDR machines in Poland soon
That's one damn good reason for Poland to join the EU!
Anyway, I don't understand why (nearly) no one sees a chance to make money in DDR. I bet my ass many people would try it, since it's very little known over here....poor Germany, we always get cult-things last :(
(not that I wanted to complain)
NTQ
Resident
Beitrag von NTQ »

boocay hat geschrieben:
Grimmi Meloni hat geschrieben:The problem about arcades is - there aren´t any "pure" arcades in Germany at all
Simply unbeliveable. I guess that nobody has yet discovered that one can earn a lot with a DDR machine? :P
Grimmi Meloni hat geschrieben:So in the end, it´s quite hard to find any arcade machines at all. My best bet is to go and look out for "Merkur Spielothek"
Thanks for the tip, I'll be searching. I've arrived in Berlin 3 days ago, and I'm not quite used to this city yet.

Two more things:
1/ There'll be 4 DDR machines in Poland soon (according to importer's speechman it is being transported from .jp). One will be located in Wroclaw (Breslau), which is quite near - maybe you'll be interested? If so, you can contact me once I'm back in Poland (mailto: yacoob(at)chruptak(dot)plukwa(dot)net) and we can set up some event :D

2/ Maybe someone from Berlin is willing to organize a trip to any of Germany arcades? 8)

Thanks a lot for the info,

KT.
Thats great because Im sometimes in Poland visiting some relatives of mine :) Do you know if there are some DDR units near the Krakau Area? Im going to spend this Sylvester in Poland at Krakau and it would be cool if I could play some DDR there :)
Montag 20:00 GMT+1
http://www.decksharks.fm
Finest Trance & Progressive
boocay

Beitrag von boocay »

NTQ hat geschrieben:Do you know if there are some DDR units near the Krakau Area? Im going to spend this Sylvester in Poland at Krakau and it would be cool if I could play some DDR there :)
Not any that I know of. Here's the (not quite actual :) list: http://bbj.hiwave.pl/konkursy.html. 4 new machines are going to be put in Lodz, Warszawa, Wroclaw, and-somewhere-else-dunno-where. 2nd mix from Lodz was missing at the beginning of this month (moved to Bielsko).

Perhaps you can ask at this forum to get any more info?
Antworten

Zurück zu „Arcade“